Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Maybelline Better skin foundation


I bought this foundation a few months ago, but I hadn't gotten round to trying it out yet because I got to wrong shade. Yeah, it happens. But now that it's winter and my skin has gotten a lot paler, I've been able to wear it. 
You know what. I really hate that! Whenever you buy a foundation at the drugstore you kinda have to guess if the color you're picking out is gonna be the right one. I hate that there is no way to test out the color.

Anyways, back to the foundation. It promises to improve the appearance of your skin because of the actyl C formula. Basically it means that they added a bunch of vitamins into its formulation. 
Even though it caught my eye immediatly, I have to admit I don't like the packaging at all. It looks cheap! Yeah it has a glass bottle and it has a pump, which is a bonus, but it just looks so plastic-y.

The foundation however I do like. Lately I've been really liking drugstore foundations. I never was a fan before, but I feel like these last few years they really stepped up their game. If you don't have the money to splurge on a high-end foundation, don't worry about it. Drugstore foundations are just as good if not better. 
I would say the coverage of this one is light, but it's definitely buildable to a medium coverage without looking cakey. The finish is more on the matte side, so if you're not into that then I would pass up on this one. 

I haven't been trying it long enough to see if it actually makes a difference in the quality of my skin, but honestly I doubt that it will. I don't mind though. It's not like you buy a foundation to improve your skin. It's a bonus, but it's not a necessity. There's skincare to do that for you.

Have you tried out this foundation yet? What do you think about it? Let me know in the comments below or find me on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie

PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Cute pic!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know if you’re up for it :)

    Anastasia
    astbakay.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete