1. The first step is perhaps the most overlooked one. Use a lipprimer! You put primer on your face to make your foundation last longer right? So why not do the same with your lips. My all time favorite is the MAC prep+prime lipprimer. It smooths out the surface of your lips which in turn will make it easier to apply your lipliner.
2. The next step is to line your lips with a lipliner in the same color as your lipstick. This will give your lipstick a base to stick to and if your lipstick would rub off then you still have the pigmentation of the liner. It also helps to prevent your lipstick from bleeding.
3. The third step is the easiest. Just apply your favorite red lipstick. You can use it straight out of the bullet or you can use a lipbrush if you want to have a precise application.
4. If you want your lipstick to last all night then this step is the most important one. You want to blot your lips on a clean tissue and apply a layer of powder on top of your lipstick. Then just put on another layer of your lipstick. You can repeat this step as much as you like. If I'm going out to eat I like to repeat this step at least two times as the top layer will rub off.
5. Lastly you want to go around your lips with a little bit of concealer in the shade of your skin. This will make your lipline very clean and it will further help with the bleeding of your lipstick.
Want to see more of these kinds of posts? Let me know on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_ or in the comments below.
PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'