Thursday, November 6, 2014

Make-up starter kit


When you're just starting out with make-up, you might be a little overwhelmed. That's okay, I was too. There are so many products to choose from and so many finishes, that you might not know what's best for you. I didn't know all these things when I first started out, but I'm here to help you.

First off let me say that you don't need to buy all of this make-up. You can just pick and choose what you like. The first make-up item I bought was a clear lipgloss. So I recommend just picking 1 or 2 products and just slowly build your collection from there. You don't want to be spending all of your money on make-up that you don't actually NEED. If you decide to start wearing make-up, be sure you wear it for you and not to fit in somewhere. 


If you're interested in buying any of these products then you can find links where to buy them at the end.



So let's start off with foundation. Now if you're younger, then I recommend you use a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream. I really like the Garnier BB cream for oily skin. It gives just the tiniest bit of coverage and it evens out your skintone nicely. I have extremely oily skin and this is one of the only foundations that last on my skin all day. 
The other two that stay put all day are my other recommendations. They are the L'Oréal infallible foundation and the Revlon colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin. Both give great coverage and they blend into the skin nicely. The L'oréal one has a little more of a natural dewy finish to it and the Revlon one is really matte. So it's all about personal preference in choosing between these two. The revlon one is also a little cheaper than the L'oréal one.



The next thing you might want to think about is concealer. If you don't have bad skin, then I would suggest to skip foundation and just use a concealer where you need it. Just pop a little bit under your eyes for a brightening effect and on any spots you have. Set them with some translucent powder and you're done. The one I really like is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer.



The last face product is blush. You don't need to wear it, but if you're up for it, then I recommend the Coastal Scents blush palettes. They are really really cheap and they work just fine. Not all colors in the palette have amazing color pay-off, but there are so many to choose from anyways. And can I just say that the shipment on these was incredibly fast. I ordered a bunch of palettes from their site for me and my friends and they arrived within two days. Talk about fast delivery. They are currently having a sale on the blush palettes, so go check them out!!



The next step is the eyes. Nowadays you can get great palettes at the drugstore. I like the Rimmel Glam'eyes Quads. They come in a variety of colors, so if you want to experiment with color you can. Plus they are also really cheap. Another product I absolutely love from the drugstore are the L'Oréal infallible single eyeshadows. They are extremely pigmented and the color selection is really pretty. My favorite is the color Hourglass Beige.



So maybe the most important product you can buy is mascara. I honestly believe this is the only make-up item you need. Mascara makes such a difference in your appearance. If I don't feel like wearing make-up, I'll just put on some mascara and immediatly my eyes look more open and awake. 
I did a blogpost about my favorite mascaras not too long ago. Please feel free to read that post.  



Moving on to lips. I know a lot of schools don't allow you to wear make-up, so I wouldn't recommend going out with a bright lipstick. I think the perfect alternative to lipsticks are tinted lipbalms like the Revlon Lipbutters. They're a great two-in-one product. They have amazing color pay-off and they moisturize your lips at the same time #Win. They have a wide selection of colors, but my favorite has to be Pink Truffle. It's the perfect everyday nude. 

Let me know if you want a review on any of these products. You can leave me a message on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_ or in the comments below

Xoxo Nathalie


PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

Where to buy
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay foundationInfallible foundationGarnier BB Cream
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me concealer
Blush: Coastal Scents blush palette
Eyes: Infallible single eyeshadow
Mascara: Maybelline The Falsies mascara
Lips: Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter

8 comments:

  1. Great post, amazing products! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. It really made my day.
      Xoxo Nathalie

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this post! I definitely agree that sometimes all you need is a bit of mascara to make you look a bit more alive! I have now followed you on bloglovin and am looking forward to your posts in the future. Feel free to come and have a read of my blog. Yasmin xoxo

    http://lipsticksandblushersandbronzersohmy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really just want to share my thoughts on these products with you guys and I feel so appreciated because of your comment. If you have any requests for future posts, please feel free to ask.
      Xoxo Nathalie

      Delete
  3. This is such a great post! I actually bought a lot of these products when I started out with makeup and still use a few of them now!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really pleased to hear that =)
      Xoxo Nathalie

      Delete
  4. Wonderful products :)

    http://lamodestieaveclestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete