Thursday, November 13, 2014

My favorite lipsticks for fall/winter

My favorite part about fall? Being able to wear a dark lip! Now I like to rock a dark lip all year long, but it always seems more wearable during this time of year. Below are some of my personal favorites. Hope you like them..
As always I'll include links where to buy these lipsticks at the bottom of the page.

 
 

1. Cyber 
Let's start of with the darkest of them all. I bought this color about a year ago and I have to admit I was a little scared to wear it out at first. However it has quickly become one of my favorites. Cyber is a deep purple color and it has an satin finish. Since this color is so dark I like to wear it with neutral eyes so one doesn't overpower the other.


2. Dark Side
This one is more of a wearable dark lip. Dark Side is a brown-reddish shade. As it is an amplified formula it has an amazing color pay-off. I like to wear it both during the day as for a night out. The lip pencil I use with this shade is MAC Currant.

3. MAC Red
A red lip can be worn all year long and it's one of my favorite classic looks to wear, so I had to include it.

4. Faux
If you're not ready to be wearing a dark lip during the day, then this is the one I recommend. Faux is a gorgeous neutral. It's an everyday pink with a slight purple tint to it. A must have in your collection. 

5. Rimmel Kate Moss 107
This one is a favorite among bloggers and I can see why. I fell in love with this color over two years ago. It's a matte finish berry toned lipstick. It doesn't feel heavy on my lips and it goes on very smooth. Since it has a matte finish it lasts pretty long on my lips, but it is a little drying so be sure you prep and prime your lips before applying. 

6. Bourjois Rouge Edition n°36 Pourpre jazzy
I discovered this shade at the end of the summer and I'm still loving it going into fall. As the name suggests it's a purple toned lipstick with a satin finish. I love this shade for a night out. It's not a 'In your face'-shade, but it still spices up your look. I can't find an exact link to this color, but I've included a link to a similar color in the range.

What are you're favorites lipstick shades for fall/winter? Let me know in the comments below or find me on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie


PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

Where to buy
MAC lipsticks Cyber, Dark Side, Mac Red, Faux
Rimmel Kate Moss 107
Bourjois Rouge Edition #34

4 comments:

  1. These look so lovely! I adore the dark lip trend for Fall!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, me too. I think if you find the right shade, anybody can wear it. It's just a matter of confidence.
      Xoxo Nathalie

      Delete
  2. I love these, they're so autumnal! Great post xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete