Thursday, December 19, 2013

DIY: Make your own brush spot cleanser

I like the look of clean makeup brushes. They almost look brand new, which I think is really fun. What I don't like is to actually deep clean my brushes. You spend all this time making sure they're really clean, you let them dry overnight and then you use them the next morning and BAM.. All dirty again!!

So, you can only imagine how much I love spot cleanser. It only takes 5 seconds to get clean brushes. Well, clean-ish brushes, you should deep clean your brushes once a week (or once every other week if you're just as lazy as me) to get rid of all the bacteria that accumulates in the bristles of your brush. Spot cleansers can be way too expensive though and it's actually really easy to make your own spot cleanser with products that you probably already have. I'm gonna show you how..

What you'll need:
- Babyshampoo 
- Rubbing/Isopropyl alcohol
- Bottled water
- Empty (spray)bottle























How it works:
You want to start off by putting just a little bit of the rubbing alcohol in the bottom of your bottle. Be sure not to put in too much, because the alcohol will dry out the bristles of your brush. Next just fill the bottle 3/4 of the way with bottled water and then add a few tablespoons of babyshampoo. You also don't want to overdo it on the babyshampoo, because that will make your cleanser too soapy.

How to use it:
Just spray -or pump in my case- a little bit of the cleanser on a paper towel and gently rub your dirty brush in small circular motions until it looks clean.
It's that easy!!














As you can see from the pictures above it works just fine. I do have to say that with liquid or creamy products it takes an extra pump/spray to get them really clean. 
Just remember this is only a temporary solution for dirty brushes and they do still need a deep clean every now and then ;)

Do you guys want to see more of these DIY projects?? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment